Project period :- 2008 to continue...
Water Aid Report :-
Project target area :- Andhrathari,Madhepur,Lakhanaur,Babubarhi, and Khajauli block of Madhubani district
|Blocks Name of GP No. of Revenue village|
The main aim of the project is to facilitate universal access to basic entitlements to all in Andhrathari,Madhepur,Lakhanaur,Babubarhi, Ladania and Khajauli block of Madhubani.Â
The major objectives are :-
- Community organized /mobilized to raise their demands for basic entitlements from government service providers.
- Capacitated communityÂ to be a part of decision /implementation committee at district/block /panchayat level
- Facilitate appropriate wash behavior in community.
- Improvement in status of Women in family and society.
- Advocacy & campaign to influence duty bearers & Policy makers to access entitlements.
- Sharing of lessons learnedÂ at different platforms.
Major activities are:-
- CBOs formed / strengthenedÂ to raise demand & access government entitlements.
- Supporting community in installation/ renovation of handpumps.
- Supporting community in construction of toilets.
- Informed, awared and capacitateÂ PRI members to facilitate entitlements.
- Capacity building of PRI on micro planning.
- Capacity building of SHG/CBOs in accessing Rights/entitlements.
- Promotion and sustainability of hygienic WASH behavior through school children.
- Promotion of hygienic WASH behavior in community.
- Reduction in casesÂ of water borne diseases.
- Reduction in reproductive tract diseases among women.
- Reduction in instances of violence /harassment of women.
- Sensitization ofÂ Media.
- Sensitization of government official and policy makers.
- Dissemination of lessons learned at larger level.